Delete and object from script within the object?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Dec 4 12:15:45 EST 2014

Right. You cannot delete an object that has a running handler.

Bob S

On Dec 3, 2014, at 14:10 , Björnke von Gierke <bvg at mac.com<mailto:bvg at mac.com>> wrote:

send "deleteTheImage" && myImage to this stack in 0 seconds

On 03 Dec 2014, at 22:57, William Prothero <prothero at earthednet.org<mailto:prothero at earthednet.org>> wrote:

Folks:
I’m trying to delete an image from a script within that image  LC doesn’t like that because the script in the object hasn’t finished yet.

—the image script is:
on mouseUp
 put the name of me into myImage
 deleteTheImage myImage"
end mouseUp

—In the stack script
on deleteTheImage imageName
  delete image imageName
end deleteTheImage

The command failed because the “end mouseUp” has not executed and LC won’t delete the object where a script is running.

How should I approach this? Is there a command to dispatch a message after a short delay? I know there must be, I just can’t find it.

Regards,
Bill