revBrowserOpenCef & revBrowserClose not working

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Wed Dec 3 11:30:29 EST 2014

Hi All,

Using LiveCode 7.0.0 with Yosemite…

I have an openCard script that does the following:

Global tBrowserID
on openCard
   put revBrowserOpenCef(the windowId of this stack, "http://www.youtube.com/embed/9HF_FcHOP-s?controls=1&showinfo=0&showsearch=0&modestbranding=1&rel=0&autoplay=0&autohide=1&iv_load_policy=3&version=2&start=0") into tBrowserId
   revBrowserSet tBrowserID, "rect", the rect of grc "browser"
end openCard

This works fine.

However when I try to close the browser it does not appear to redraw the screen and the browser is still visible.

Global tBrowserID
on mouseDown
answer tBrowserID - - double check to make sure id is there…
revBrowserClose tBrowserID
end mouseDown

When navigating to subsequent cards the browser still hangs around.  What’s worse, if i click the button again to close the browser again, it thinks the browser is closed, though it appears to be still on the screen. This completely locks Livecode up. You can move windows around, but not other events are triggered. I had to Force Quite out of LiveCode.

It doesn’t seem like it should work like this…? Am i missing something?

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD