Behaviors not behaving

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Dec 1 13:31:50 EST 2014

I'm working on a system that consists of a plugin, a library stack file and
a stack file containing buttons with behavior scripts.

The plugin creates an application stack file plus various controls within
it that have their behaviors set to the buttons in the behavior stack file.

Since the behaviors are not in the application stack file, I set the
stackFiles property of the application stack to have an entry referencing
the behaviors stack file.

That setup all works fine most of the time, behaviors are resolved as they
should be. However, on any subsequent runs of LC, if I open the plugin
first then open the application file, none of the behavior scripts fire.
All works fine if I open the application stack file first followed by the
plugin.

There are no references to the behaviors stack file in any of the plugin
scripts or the library stack scripts and the plugin's stackFiles entry is
empty as is the library stack's.

I tried opening the behaviors stack file in the plugin so that it would be
open when I opened the application stack but the behaviors still did not
fire.

What could there be in the plugin stack that would interfere with the
resolution of behaviors in the application stack?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>