which is faster for searching?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 30 14:34:33 EDT 2014

On 8/30/2014, 1:04 PM, Jerry Jensen wrote:
> The dictionary says you shouldn't mess with tVar within the loop:
>
> Pasted from the dictionary: "Important! In any of the for each loops,
> you should not change the labelVariable or container in a statement
> inside the loop. Doing so will not cause a script error, but will
> almost certainly produce unexpected results".
>
> If your method works every time, I guess the dictionary is out of
> date once again. I also remember a post saying that changing the
> labelVariable (L in this case) works OK, in spite of what the
> dictionary says.

Mark Waddingham told me a while back that he didn't like that behavior
so he changed it, but that it will fail unless you know exactly what
you're doing, so he didn't update the dictionary.

Which is a way of saying, sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't.
He didn't say what would fail, so I usually just avoid changing anything.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com