Delete columns... How?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Aug 29 12:56:31 EDT 2014

Because (I imagine)  "combine ... column" requires that the keys be
consecutive numbers.

This does work (deleting column 2, just for testing, and omitting the
safety check that there are at least 3 columns :-)

on mouseUp
    set the columndelimiter to comma
    get fld 1
    put it into tVar
    split tVar by column
    put the number of lines in the keys of tVar into N
    repeat with i = 3 to N
       put tVar[i] into tVar[i-1]
    end repeat
    delete local tVar[N]