permuting a string (was Re: Speed)

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Thu Aug 28 07:46:36 EDT 2014

Thanks Alex,

I will mail you off-list about the order of elements in the input and provide some examples.
And thanks for the correction of your script. Seems to work fine now. I should have seen that one myself, but it was a bit late last night, sorry :-)

Alex, you've explained the recursive functions quite well for me. Great. I will sit down later and dig into your serialised script. And even if it does not turn out to be the fastest, I will gave gotten my head around the concept of recursion, which might prove quite valuable for me in the future.

Cheers,

Beat