Size of window between close/startup

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 27 14:24:58 EDT 2014

On 27 Aug 2014, at 18:03, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> The IDE truncates the window size to fit inside the area not occupied by the IDE palettes. This is controlled by the windowBoundingRect property. You can change it temporarily by launching LiveCode and putting this into the message box:
>
> set the windowboundingrect to the screenrect
>
> Then open your stack and it should be the size you expect. The next time you launch LiveCode, the windowBoundingRect will be reset, so it's a per-session solution.

Thanks for your response.

I tried exactly what you said.

Zoomed the window and quit LC.

Opened LC and executed "set the windowboundingrect to the screenrect” in the message box and then opened my stack.

The stack size was 1660 x 1002 as expected but the top of the window is now underneath the menubar.

Is there something else I am missing?

I read the dictionary entry for windowboundingrect and it says:

"The windowBoundingRect value is checked against the window's position before the preOpenStack message is sent. This means that if you want a stack to extend outside the windowBoundingRect, you should set its rectangle  property to the desired value in a preOpenStack  handler. This ensures that the window is enlarged to the size you specify before it appears, instead of being resized when the windowBoundingRect is checked."

So, unless I am misunderstanding (probably) this suggests that I have to save the rect of the window somewhere and resize the window on opening in the preOpenStack handler?

Does this also apply to standalone apps?

All the best

Terry