colorized scripts

Jacques Hausser jacques.hausser at unil.ch
Tue Aug 26 17:43:38 EDT 2014

Le 26 août 2014 à 16:10, Peter M. Brigham <pmbrig at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Aug 26, 2014, at 9:19 AM, Jacques Hausser wrote:
>
>> As I'm checking version 7.10 DP, your solution is not working... I rummaged into the "revNewScriptEditor" stack and found that "revSEColorize" doesn't exist anymore (or it's hidden somewhere else).
>> But it's even simpler! here the script of my button:
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>  put the script of button "TestButton" into fld "FScript"
>>  _internal script colorize char 1 to (the number of chars of field "FScript") of field "FScript"
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> ... works perfectly ! (although I strictly don't know what an "_internal script" is). I guess it is not usable on a standalone.
>
> Hmm. Turns out that your simplified script works fine for me in LC 5.5.1 too -- the "sePrefInit" and "revSEColorize" commands seem to be unnecessary anyway. Interestingly, if I try to do this:
>   _internal script colorize char 1 to -1 of field "FScript"
> it gives an error. Apparently whatever handles an "_internal" script can't handle anything but the original old chunk expressions.

Yes - and it is another syntax allowing to colorize some lines only (perhaps useful in the frame of the script editor):
_internal script colorize line na to nb of field "FScript".
 To colorize the whole script : _internal script colorize line nfirst to nlast of field "FScript"
and if you want to colorize one line only, it musst be:
 _internal script colorize line na to na of field "FScript" (_internal script colorize line na of field "FScript" gives an error.)

An example of what I call fossil scripts: they could easily be modified to comply whith the usual syntax, but as they work and are "_internal" anyway...

Still thank you to put my nose into Ui stacks !

Jacques