Sending bulk emails

Jonathan Cooper drdada at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:42:38 EDT 2014

When I worked at the Art Gallery of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia), I researched a number of bulk email providers and concluded that the best one was Campaign Monitor (https://www.campaignmonitor.com/). And we were VERY happy with them. They have an excellent tool for reducing both the spam rate and the bounce rate. The interface is very easy to use and it's very fast. There's also a feature which is probably more cool than useful: real-time map view. After you click "send" (although you can also set it to send at a specified date/time in the future) you can view a world map that shows when each recipient opens his or her email with (approximate) location and name.

It was fairly pricey for us (the subscriber list for the AGNSW's main e-newsletter numbers in the hundreds of thousands) but it was well worth it.

No, I don't get any commission. ;-)

Regards,

Jonathan Cooper
(02) 4365 4809 • 0403 358 941