Speed

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Mon Aug 25 15:56:47 EDT 2014

Geoff Canyon wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 6:21 AM, Beat Cornaz <B.Cornaz at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> But I think it quite a pity (to put it mildly)  that LC 6.xx is so much
>> slower thank 5.5.
>

> Could it be the unicode implementation? Agreed, that would be unfortunate.
> It would be nice to have a text setting for fields.

Richard wrote :

Not likely, as the "just works" Unicode implementation is only in v7.

Has anyone filed a bug report against this?

The speed difference is enough that it if fixed may help offset
performance degradation as a part of the Unicode implementation.

And since it predates the Unicode rollout, I'd wager it can indeed be
fixed back to something closer to the v5.5.3 levels.

And if not, would at least be nice to know why.

--
I hadn't read your post before answering. So unicode should not be it.

I hope it can be fixed. I cannot file a bug report myself at the moment, as I am experiencing very strange time issues with My LC 6.6.2 version (just opening a menu from the main menu sometimes takes like 8 seconds). So I need to sort that out before coming with a serious bug report.

All the best, Beat