OpenField mystery

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 25 14:21:38 EDT 2014

On 8/25/2014, 5:46 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:
> For those interested, I have reported the bug below and (separately)
> the fact that 'openField' can be triggered in surprising
> circumstances (the subject of my original post under this heading) -
> which people here have reported as being an ancient quirk of
> LiveCode, Runtime Revolution and maybe even MetaCard. Interestingly,
> RunRev have now accepted BOTH these as bugs (13274 and 13271).

Thanks for doing that. The automatic selection dates back to MetaCard
1.0. I complained about it and was told to just put in an offscreen
field at layer 1, so I gave up and accepted it as "just one of those
things." It will be nice not to have to deal with that any more. Any
developer who wants auto-select can easily add it in an opencard
handler, but getting rid of an unwanted one requires a convoluted fix.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com