iPhone kiosk

Charles E Buchwald charles at buchwald.ca
Mon Aug 25 11:04:01 EDT 2014

Hi Richard,

I've used iBackupbot for backups and restores when working with a few different iOS devices. http://www.icopybot.com/itunes-backup-manager.htm It's not very refined, but it's useful. You can use it to help with making clones by restoring as you suggest.

I think we all struggle with keeping apps up to date. If you are not using the App Store for updates, how about using the "splash stack" technique, and checking for updates on startup, like you might with a desktop app? If you have net access, you should be able to check for updates, download and replace the primary stack. I guess you'll want to keep any user data or preferences separate and stored in an appropriate place, as usual.

Cheers,
- Charles