OpenField mystery

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Aug 23 13:14:53 EDT 2014

I have a palette with a lot of objects on it. There are some fields and some buttons. I have just realised that when I click on one of the buttons, before executing the 'mouseUp' handler for the button, the engine fires an 'openField' for one of the fields. I can't see what I have done to cause this, but it's causing chaos! Happens in the IDE and the corresponding standalone. This appears contrary to the LC Dictionary, which says

> Sent to an unlocked field when you click or select text in that field.

I suppose (as usual) it's something I've done, but I can't see what. The cursor is not showing in the field.

Has anyone any suggestion as to why this is happening?

TIA

Graham