Standard Library

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Aug 23 12:42:17 EDT 2014

Kay-

> So I looked into this and there is NO requirement to use \ to delimit
> the / char in PCRE grep. On further investigation it appears to be a
> limitation of the online grep tester which uses the / char to enclose
> the grep string so the server knows what you want to test.

Use of the forward slash char (/) is fairly common to delineate
strings, at least in linux/perl circles. Normally any char can be used
so long as it doesn't appear in the strings to be tested or replaced,
but it's very common to see something like

echo day | sed s/day/night/

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.