Why doesn't menupick work

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 22 09:59:00 EDT 2014

revolution wrote:

 > Thanks everyone for your ideas. They got me looking again at the
 > combobox list of cardnames. This button was generated & populated
 > through a script. At the end of each line is a crlf which on the
 > Mac leaves an unprintable char at the end of the line. So the
 > spaces and tildes were not the problem but the extra char at the
 > end of the line was causing a mismatch between pItemName and the
 > card name. Changing the button generator to cr at the end of the
 > line solved the problem.

I'm glad to hear you got that working, but I'm concerned about how the
CRLFs were introduced to begin with.

Internally, all of LC's text routines use the Unix line ending by
default, and generally the only time you can get things like CRLFs is
when reading text files made on Windows using binary mode - an unusual
intersection of things that doesn't often happen.

Can you tell us more about how the list is created, maybe posting the
script that obtains that list?

If you've encountered a bug it would be good for us to file a report on
it, and if not I'll bet we can refine the code for greater simplicity
and performance.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems