Black input boxes in Linux (Ubuntu)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 20 10:41:06 EDT 2014

Andrew Henshaw wrote:

 > Do you know of any way to replicate the issue as I cannot seem to do
 > it.  Ive tried a few builds of Ubuntu so I think it may be relevant
 > to the graphics card.
 >
 > Ideally if i can repllicate it,  I can go through the project and
 > make sure ive not missed any fields.

I work on Ubuntu 14.04 daily, and Lubuntu 14.04 almost weekly, and
haven't yet seen this, but I'll keep an eye out for it.  It may be an
interaction with the driver - does your use have a dedicated graphics
card?  Both of my current Linux GUI boxes use dedicated graphics.

If we're able to come up with a reproducible recipe please make sure a
bug report is filed against it.  RunRev's Fraser Gordon has been doing a
stellar job of rewriting significant portions of LC's interace with
Linux GUI components for v7 (dp 10 was just released - worth checking
out), so this is an excellent time to pin down any such details.

In fact, Fraser's been knocking off Linux bug reports nearly as fast as
I can type them - thanks, Fraser!

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems