Adventures with a G5 iMac

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 07:34:37 EDT 2014

So: yesterday,

I installed a 1.5 TB SATA Hard Disk into the machine

and partitioned it into 6 bits.

I installed Mac OS 10.5.8 onto one partition.

Today I am installing Mac OS 10.4.11 onto another partition . . .

----------------------------------

The installer (as previously mentioned) for LC 6.6.2 does not work on
10.5.8,

nor does it work on 10.4.11 (which somebody said would work, but is not
documented).

I will install Mac OS 10.3.9 onto another partition.

I will clone a Mac OS 9.2.1 system onto another partition using Firewire
Target mode across from my G3 iMac.

A G5 iMac cannot boot Mac OS 9: but it can run Mac OS 9 in both 10.3.9
and 10.4.11.

Obviously (!!!!!!!!!) the installer for 6.6.2 was NOT tested on a
physical PPC machine.

Richmond.