Displaying HTML pages

Linda Miller, DVM anmldr at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 18 10:58:52 EDT 2014

I have several ebooks that are composed using HTML/CSS and maybe some JavaScript.  I know that I can use HTMLtext to display the pages.

For example,
on mouseUp
   put url "http://www.mobgui.com" into temp
   set the htmlText of field "test" to temp
end mouseUp

But, this displays only black text on white background without any images or other formatting. As LiveCode exists today (before the HTML5 version is completed), is there a way to display HTML/CSS pages with images from a file that is imported into the app? By imported, I mean files that are a part of the app that can be used when there is no Internet connection.

Also, the hyperlinks do not seem to work when the mobgui.com page is being displayed. Will hyperlinks work in LiveCode today?

Thanks,
Linda