The Road Map as it now is . . . . .

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Aug 17 18:31:25 EDT 2014

  Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> IDC's latest numbers this week put Android at 84% for Q2 unit sales, with
>> Apple at 11%.  Not that much different from what we see on the desktop,
>> with Microsoft actually gaining in recent years back up to 91% to Apple's
>> 7.8%.
>
> But on phones, that 84%/11% runs the other way on revenue.  Android users
> just don't pay for apps; iOS do.

Exactly, as I noted in that post.

Later on in that post I described why most of the biggest names in the
business continue to ship to both.

There are many ways to make money in software, and direct revenue from
per-download licenses is only one of them.

Neither iOS nor Android is going away soon.  Doesn't seem all that
controversial to expect parity support for them in a multi-platform tool
like LiveCode.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems