Bug with diacriticals in folder names

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 13:25:10 EDT 2014

Hello y'all,

I'm using version 6.6.2 of LiveCode, running on a UNIX machine.
I'm not sure if I have brought this up before, but..
there is a problem with folder names that contain diacriticals.

put getCurrentFolder() & "Acériculture" into myFolder1
put getCurrentFolder() & "Acericulture" into myFolder2
answer (there is a folder myFolder1) & "," & (there is a folder myFolder2)
-- answers false,true

I don't want to rename thousands of folders; Is there a workaround ?
Btw, I cannot rename them by script, because, according to LiveCode, they don't exist !!!
Helllllp !?!