What is LiveCloud?

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Sat Aug 16 12:18:30 EDT 2014

On Aug 15, 2014, at 6:35 PM, Alain Farmer <alain_farmer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I browsed their entire site. Their information [about what it is] is extremely scant.
> OTOH, there are currently LOTS of Cloud-hosted servers available.
> DigitalOcean, the one I'm using, only costs $5 per month, for the equivalent of my own server.
> They are a BIG operation,and therefore I am fairly confident about their ability to shoulder the load.
> I can install one of many OS'es, LAMP, and anything I wish; full root control, no limits.
>
> To make LiveCloud interesting, they would at-the-very-least have to offer as much power, reliability and low-cost as other cloud servers do. Plus I would expect additional LiveCode-specific features, such-as an API that can be scripted with LiveCode, Certainly I expect the database to inter-operate with LiveCode. But how much control over them in LiveCloud ?

Hi Alain,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. Our goal is simple. We want to make a very easy to use database available to everyone. Databases by their nature are complex in their setup, management, and use. The problem is compounded for new developers.

The native LiveCode APIs we have created cover all the CRUDL operations plus a lot of other functions we have found useful for making our products possible.

The local database storage will be free for all to use. The local database will probably be sufficient for a huge number of LiveCode developers. The cloud database is free to use for everyone during our beta phase.

The best I can offer those that are interested is a download link to the LiveCloud Manager: http://livecloud.io/live-code-manager-download-page/

Make a database today and see what it is about. The Canela team is available to answer all questions that come up.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
CanelaSoftware.com
LiveCloud.io