What is LiveCloud?

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 21:35:57 EDT 2014

I browsed their entire site. Their information [about what it is] is extremely scant.
OTOH, there are currently LOTS of Cloud-hosted servers available.
DigitalOcean, the one I'm using, only costs $5 per month, for the equivalent of my own server.
They are a BIG operation,and therefore I am fairly confident about their ability to shoulder the load.
I can install one of many OS'es, LAMP, and anything I wish; full root control, no limits.

To make LiveCloud interesting, they would at-the-very-least have to offer as much power, reliability and low-cost as other cloud servers do. Plus I would expect additional LiveCode-specific features, such-as an API that can be scripted with LiveCode, Certainly I expect the database to inter-operate with LiveCode. But how much control over them in LiveCloud ?

On Friday, August 15, 2014 6:47:02 PM, Nick Pulido <nick at canelasoftware.com> wrote:

> Dear ListMembers,
>
> The last issue of RevUp has an article titled "LiveCloud Part 2". I seem to have missed part 1 - could someone post me a link? And just what is LiveCloud? Is it related to this site?:
>
> http://livecloud.com
>
> --
> Igor Couto
> Sydney, Australia

Hey Igor,
Here is some additional information about LiveCloud, let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to reply.
Part 1 - http://newsletters.livecode.com/july/issue174/newsletter2.html
Part 2 - http://newsletters.livecode.com/august/issue176/newsletter2.html
There is more information on the official site, http://livecloud.io/.
Take Care,