Helping newcomers anticipate that standalones can't save to themselves

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 15 16:48:30 EDT 2014

Alain Farmer wrote:
 > Thank you, Richard, for the URLs regarding JSON.
 > Have you used any of them? Do you recommend one?

Unfortunately I'm useless to you there:  the only service I've had to
talk to that uses anything like that is for a very trivial datum in
which a simple offset call does what I need.

Most of my work these days is in systems in which both client and server
are exclusively LiveCode, so it's hard to be both the convenience,
compactness and efficiency of LC encoded arrays as a data package.

In fact, after reading up on MongoDB's internals, it seems that LC
arrays are very similar in many respects to BSON, just a bit more
compact in some respects (no VINTs in LC, just UINT4s):
http://bsonspec.org/

 > As for LC-library to make working with CouchDB more convenient, it
 > is a project of mine.
 > I should have this all worked-out in the coming weeks.
 > I will share it with y'all, once it's completed, polished, and
 > documented.

Looking forward to it.  I enjoyed the work you did with FreeGUI, and
always admired your spirit of community supportiveness.

 > Meanwhile, if you discover such a lib (for CouchDB), please notify me.

Will do.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems