Helping newcomers anticipate that standalones can't save to themselves

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:55:06 EDT 2014

Late to this, but I like the Mark T thought idea.  I still remember when
the datagrid first came out, one specific part of the documentation was a
big bold link that said something like.. "What things do I need to know to
avoid needless headaches.."  It included things like building a
standalone/splashstack combination, and putting a fake datagrid stub
substack as part of the splash so that the builder would know to included
the datagrid stuff.

If a list of such things could be put together and shown on first run, it
might be a just the ticket.