Mac printing "Scale to fit paper size"

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Thu Aug 14 15:11:06 EDT 2014

I’m printing postcards onto individually cut postcards and they are a custom paper size (4.25 x 6 inches). The stack displays the postcard text in landscape mode but the postcards go into the printer in portrait orientation (smallest edge gets sucked into the printer). Normally I’d set landscape mode and fit to page size, make sure I’d selected the postcard size and print. Worked great only now it doesn’t. It seems that whatever code is printing is ignoring the landscape mode when printing to fit the paper size.

If I print without the “fit paper size” it will actually print landscape mode but it prints around 1/4th the normal size as if it has decided the postcard is actually the size of 8.5x11 paper and scales the image down accordingly.

I’ve tried making the stack larger to compensate and it just prints it larger but from the same starting point on the page so most of the text ends up off the edge of the postcard.

I’m using Mac OS X 10.9.4 and I’ve tried it with LiveCode 6.6.2 and Livecode 5.5.4

I did figure out a way to print through a bunch of trial and error but when I moved that recipe to another’s machine, it prints in the wrong place on the postcard.

Is there someone out there with printer foo who I can hire to fix this for me?

Kee Nethery