mobilePickPhoto

Eric Corbett eric at canelasoftware.com
Thu Aug 14 11:09:50 EDT 2014

I’m on 6.6.2, building for iOS 7.1 or later and running on an iPhone 4s & above.

After clicking on a photo when using mobilePickPhoto, the phone takes forever to return to the application.  (it’s only 5 to 10 seconds average but that’s too long, don’t you think?)

Even if we do nothing with the photo after it’s placed on the current card, getting back to app is super slow.

The basic script looks like this:

on mouseUp
local tImageAttachment, tImageID, tPhotoCount

set vis of the templateImage to false

lock screen

if exists(img "user selected image") then delete img "user selected image"

if the environment is "mobile" then
put the num of imgs of this cd into tPhotoCount — RETURNING CANCEL MIGHT BE BROKEN
answer "Choose Photo from..." with "Library" and "Camera"
mobilePickPhoto it
end if
set the name of the last image of this cd to "user selected image"
…

I’ve timed every step of the process and the delay is clearly from photo select to return to app.

Thanks

-E