externalPackages

JB sundown at pacifier.com
Wed Aug 13 15:33:08 EDT 2014

Hi Richard,

Since you come from a SuperCard background could
you answer a question for me?

I am a registered owner of SuperCard 4.6 and SuperEdit 4.6.
The Xtend section allows you to export externals.  I contacted
SuperCard Support and they said I could use the SuperCard
externals in other programs that use externals as long as I
abide by the EULA.  That is not a problem.

I exported a external and tried to use it in Revolution and could
not get it to work.  The next thing I was going to try is to make a
empty external for LiveCode naming it the same as the external
I want to use and from SuperCard install it into the resource by
changing the type from .bundle to .txt and then change the type
back to .bundle.  I have done that without making the empty
external so I have not actually tried it yet.  Is that the proper
way to install a SuperCard external in Rev or is it not possible
at all to use them in Rev?

thanks,
John Balgenorth