Marker image sizes

Jacques Hausser jacques.hausser at unil.ch
Sun Aug 10 20:25:43 EDT 2014

Hi Jacque,

It seems that if you fill the "Markerfill" with your image,this image is transformed into a pattern, that is, repeated in every direction across the graphic and visible only in the markers (what I deduce because they don't look identical to each other, but two contiguous or overlapping markers give a continuous pattern). No problem if you use a plain color instead of your image. An the "inner glow" gives a decent result. What's boring is to set the points for a 8 x 8 circle... I offer it to you ;-)
2,0,3,0,4,0,5,0,6,1,7,2,7,3,7,4,7,5,6,6,5,7,4,7,3,7,2,7,1,6,0,5,0,4,0,3,0,2,1,1,2,0 - LC is able to read this continuous list if you past it into the marker points field of the inspector.
Another possibility is to drop the graphic and use only it's list of points, and to clone your image and set the loc of each clone to the successive points... but it will give more headache if you want to change the scale.
Good luck anyway

Jacques

Le 11 août 2014 à 00:59, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> a écrit :

> I forgot to mention, I can get something close if I make the markers about half the size of the original images, but I need them to be the same size as the originals.
>

> On 8/10/2014, 5:54 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> I don't think it is possible to do what I need, but if anyone has time
>> to tinker, I've put an example stack here:
>>
>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23431607/markerTest.livecode>
>>
>> The problem seems to be that the markers are drawn based on each point's
>> position as it would lie on a tiled copy of the original image. Markers
>> are not drawn individually, they are "stamped" out of the tiled copy in
>> the buffer.
>>
>> I don't see a solution to this.
>>

>> On 8/10/2014, 12:16 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how the engine calculates the size of an image used to
>>> draw the markers on a polygon graphic? I have an image that is 8 pixels
>>> square but when used as a marker it appears smaller. I've fiddled with
>>> the linesize of the graphic, which does change the marker size, but
>>> instead of drawing the image larger, it starts to tile it.
>>>
>>> The graphics are smallish (under 40 pixels in any dimension.) Does the
>>> number of points make a difference?

Prof. Jacques Hausser
Department of Ecology and Evolution
Biophore / Sorge