What is LiveCloud?

Andrew Kluthe andrew at ctech.me
Fri Aug 8 21:44:46 EDT 2014

I was just coming here to ask about this too. I hadn't seen it mentioned
before and as someone who's used mongodb with livecode applications in the
past I am intrigued. Can someone share a little bit about the technology
stack behind the scenes of livecloud?

A couple of questions I have:

What kind of database or storage system does livecloud use on the backend?
Are livecloud calls from within livecode non-blocking (asynchronous)? (the
biggest things getting in my way with working with a rest api in front of a
mongodb was blocking liburl calls)
What does the means of communicating with livecloud look like under the
hood? (is it a web service underneath or a direct socket connection?)