the effective me?

Devin Asay devinasay at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 00:29:47 EDT 2014

On Aug 6, 2014, at 8:05 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Devin-
>
> Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 1:19:41 PM, you wrote:
>
>> With only a little bit of metaphysical angst. :)
>
> My brain still twists itself into knots trying to deal with "this me".
> What if I want to refer to "that me" or "the other me" or "the me next
> door" or "the me that used to be"? Obviously "this me" is different
> from "me", and that doesn't make my brain hurt any the less.
>
> So much for the arguments about LC being "natural language" code.

It makes perfect sense to me, as illustrated by this conversation I recently had with myself:

me: I don’t get ‘this me’ stuff. It makes no sense.

this me: What do you mean? It’s perfectly clear.

me: Who are you?

this me: I’m the other me that lives in your head, Precious.

me: Now you’re creeping me out.

this me: False, tricksy livecodeses!

me: Go away!

this me: [crickets]

me: Aaaaah! Finally, the world makes sense again.

:)

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University