OpenControl

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 4 14:32:33 EDT 2014

On 8/4/2014, 1:22 PM, Paul Hibbert wrote:
> But by putting a "preOpenCard" (or openCard) handler in the*Group's
> script*  does mean that the group is still self contained. I was
> curious, so I tried a quick experiment and this does appear to work.
> Not too sure if it would solve Jacque's problem, but may be worth a
> try, looking at the manual I'd expect this just to work for user
> events, system events bypass controls and groups.

Yes, it would work in general. In this case I have a backscript that
will change whatever the group has already done, so it needs its own
message. That's why I was looking at the openControl/preOpenControl
message, which the backscript doesn't handle.

I think my setup is fairly unique; most of the suggestions posted here
would work for most typical stacks.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com