OpenControl

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Mon Aug 4 14:22:19 EDT 2014

Jacque stated; "The group needs to be self-contained with no additional scripting anywhere else in the stack."

But by putting a "preOpenCard" (or openCard) handler in the *Group's script* does mean that the group is still self contained. I was curious, so I tried a quick experiment and this does appear to work. Not too sure if it would solve Jacque's problem, but may be worth a try, looking at the manual I'd expect this just to work for user events, system events bypass controls and groups.

Thanks to HH for suggesting it, I've learnt something new, I always expected preOpenCard or openCard handlers just go in card or stack scripts, I never considered using them in a group or a control to be valid.

Paul