[TAO] value() to obtain pointer functionality

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 2 23:09:37 EDT 2014

Peter Haworth wrote:

> Just about any expression causes an error, eg:
>
> set the ("abc" & "def") of button "xyz" to 10

String literals are also expressions, which is what threw me off.

What we have here seems like a case where the engine isn't doing a
proper up-front evaluation of the stuff between parens, which I'd
consider a bug.

Does it only fail with concatenated expressions, or any others?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems