LC, IOS 7 and UIKeyCommand

Mark Wilcox m_p_wilcox at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 16:31:47 EDT 2014

Hi Richard,

Sorry for a rather late reply to this. I'm not sure what level of answer you're looking for. You've found the appropriate incantations in Objective-C. They need to be used in an external, or someone would need to contribute this feature to the engine. Given the issue noted in your link with sub-classing UIApplication, this would be better contributed if RunRev will accept such a contribution. It could be done in an external but you'd have to go the more complex route of detecting dialogs and setting your class back to first responder manually when they're dismissed.

If contributing to the engine or writing an external is outside your comfort zone then you could either ask RunRev to add it to their list of features to be implemented and wait, or pay someone to implement it for you.

Usually I think Monte would pick this sort of request up very quickly. If he's not available/interested then I have a Bluetooth keyboard and the necessary skills.

Mark