Really basic SQLite questions

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 23:16:18 EDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> I'm also interested in what type of errors you've encountered that make
> your database inaccessible? SQLite is most definitely designed for multiple
> connections,
>
> Well this appears to be the 2nd change that's happened to LC + SQLite
recently - the first being how UTF-8 characters are handled.

I've just done a check and I'm not seeing any error. I use to get something
like 'table not available' or 'table doesn't exist'. All I'd have to do was
close the management tool and LC would work properly again. So a couple of
years ago I adopted the habit of closing the db as soon as I was finished
with it and have been 'blissfully' developing ever since. I don't have an
earlier version of LC with me at the moment, but it would seem that with
6.6.x that my advice is no longer valid.

I'm using 6.6.1GM, OS X 10.9.2, SQLite 3.8.3.1