play sound problem

Marc Siskin msiskin at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 29 17:10:39 EDT 2014

Larry,

Try adding “with messages” to the wait command.  That should allow other actions to occur while the sound is playing.

Marc
On Apr 29, 2014, at 5:05 PM, larry at significantplanet.org<mailto:larry at significantplanet.org> wrote:

Here is my problem:

I have this in my code:
play audioclip "myClip1.wav"  - which is 8 seconds in duration.
wait 8 seconds
play audioclip "myClip2.wav" looping

The problem is that any form of the wait command means that I cannot do anything else during the wait period - such as clicking on a button to stop play.
So I cannot even use:
wait until the sound is done

How do I wait to play the 2nd clip, but still allow the user to click on a Stop Play button?

TIA
Larry