"flattening" ouput pdf

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 14:50:06 EDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Frankly; if you don't want anybody extracting text from your exported
> files you might be better
> exporting them as image files ??????

Those get big, fast.  We have a 3mb limit per file, and 90 page petitions
aren't that rare . . . plus the searchable file is nice . . .  Plus they're
making noises about mandatory pdf/A, and . . .

It's not so much that *I* don't want the searching to occur, but that the
*court* doesn't fix/flatten whatever when it filestamps things (with one of
the local trustees' new pdf documents, if I open in preview, I get the
court stamp on the "need Acrobat latest & greatest" message, while with
acrobat/acroreader, I get the document with no stamp . . . pdf is an
abomination).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462