Printing a RTF file saved as a custom properties of a stack

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Apr 24 02:32:25 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Charles Szasz <cszasz at me.com> wrote:

> In the print preview on my Mac, I can see the Rtf “coding” and not the
> nicely formatted text document I wanted.

I have no idea what the clipboard has to do with what you wanted to do
here...

Anyway - this test should load an RTF file created by TextEdit and set the
RTFText  in the livecode field to look exactly like the TE document.

You need two fields,  Field1 and Field2 and a button with this script:

*global* gFile

*on* mouseUp

    *if* the optionkey is down *then* *edit* script of me

    *answer* file "get file" && gfile

    *if* it is empty *then* *exit* to top

    *put* it into gFile

    *put* "file:/" before gFile

    *get* URL gFile

    *put* it into fld "Field1"              *-- (optional) examine RTFText*

    *set* the RTFText of fld "Field2" to it *-- convert **RTF** to readable
in field*

    *pass* mouseup

*end* mouseUp

be sure to set the fixedlineHeight of the RTF text field to false.

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*