globalLoc returns wrong values!

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Apr 23 08:16:50 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 5:14 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB <toolbook at kestner.de>wrote:

> With LC 6.5.2 on Windows 7 I am taking a screenshot from a rect like this:
>
>    put globalLoc (the topleft of image "Image") into tTopLeft
>
>    put globalLoc (the bottomright of image "Image") into tBotRight
>
>    put tTopLeft & "," & tBotRight into tRectSnap
>
>    export snapshot from rect tRectSnap to tScreenshot as PNG
>
> This works fine, beside when the user changes the textsize to 150% in his
> display settings. Then the snapshot rect is shifted and the user gets wrong
> content in his snapshot.

When the Windows system has scaling set to >= 150% then Windows is in
high-dpi mode. LiveCode 6.5.2 does not support this mode which is why you
see what you are seeing. LiveCode 6.6 does support high-dpi on the desktop
and should behave properly. 6.6 has some other issues with high-dpi (e.g.
text rendering and tooltips), however, and can't be used just yet. Watch
for the next 6.6.2 update and try that out.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems