MS SQL

Rodney Green green.rodney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:40:09 EDT 2014

Hello,

It's my first time using LC and MS SQL in a project. I can connect and
receive a connection ID. However, I can't seem to pass any SQL commands. I
try this:

*get* revDataFromQuery(tab,*return*,tDatabaseID,"select top 3 * from
[dbo].[Rep_Offices]")

or this:

*put* revDataFromQuery(tab,*return*,tDatabaseID,"select * from Rep_Offices")
into "dbResults"

or this:

*put* revDataFromQuery(tab,*return*,tDatabaseID,"select top 3 * from
[dbo].[Rep_Offices]") into fld "results"

Any SQL causes livecode to freeze. I've tried different variations of the
query and no luck. If I put in random chars for the SQL statement then the
odbc driver gives an error.

Thanks.