Email Using LiveCode Server?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Apr 21 19:06:27 EDT 2014

Thanks to Alex and Matthias for the responses.  Matthias's comment
prompted me to do some more searching and I found the problem, which was
partly script related, and partly host related: outside-domain email
addresses are not allowed.

Some time ago, DreamHost stepped up their anti-spam practices, and
disabled the ability of sending mail from an address that is not connected
to any of your hosted domains.  Clearly this makes sense.  But the form I
have uses the sender's email in the "from" variable, which apparently gets
rejected by the mail process.  As soon as I changed the "from" address to
one of my domain addresses, sendmail worked right away.

[ bloody forehead slap ]

Thanks all.

Regards,

Scott Rossi