Using a package to distribute LC app over ARD

Thierry Douez th.douez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 09:53:00 EDT 2014

Hi Richard,

There is an option to launch a shell which will execute some Applescript.

Here is one I just tried successfullly on Mavericks:

I create a text file testOSAscript.sh which contains:
--------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

osascript <<EndScript
  tell application "System Events"
     make new login item at end with properties {path:"$1", hidden:true}
     properties of login items
   end tell
EndScript
----------------------------------

and did execute this way on the Terminal:

>  sh testOSAscript.sh "/the/fullpath/of/myApp.app"

in the script file, you can get rid of the properties line (here for debug)

BTW, you can run this script many times, it won't create a new item
if it's already set!

Tested on Mavericks only!

HTH,

Regards,

Thierry

Thierry Douez - http://sunny-tdz.com
Maker of sunnYperl - sunnYmidi - sunnYmage - sunnYpdf