Limits of the Option and ComboBox menuMode

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 16 11:20:30 EDT 2014

Tim Bleiler wrote:

 > Just curious, could someone explain why buttons with style set
 > to "menu" and menuMode set to either "option" or "comboBox"
 > don't draw/render beyond a certain height?

I believe this is a result of the interaction between LC and the Mac OS
X routines needed to render the controls, since the Mac HIG requires
certain controls to be only of a specified range of sizes.

I haven't tested this on Windows in many years, but on Linux there are
no such limitations on button sizes.

If you need larger controls than the Mac HIG allows, Linux is free - all
you have to do is get everyone in your audience to switch. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World