New Visual Editor ?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 16 10:46:21 EDT 2014

Richmond wrote:
 > The main thing, as far as I'm concerned at least, is not how long
 > it takes (lesson number 1: everything takes longer than one's
 > estimates), but that it has not been quietly dropped.

One thing I've learned from Kevin in our CM meetings is that he and the
rest of the team are all very committed to delivering the Kickstarter
goals ASAP.

Yes, many are taking longer than expected, and other goodies have
managed to find their way in along the way when the opportunity strikes
(often through contributions from the community - thank you Jan, Monte,
Mark Wieder, and the others!), but the Road Map is a good reflection of
the Kickstarter goals, and the Release Notes a good measure of their
progress.

 > As self-appointed gadfly I do find myself, from time to time,
 > stinging a bit, largely owing to things that probably are
 > happening, but the "Great Livecode Public" are not being
 > adequately informed about.

Agreed, and that's often part of the role of a Community Manager on an
open source project like LiveCode:  the core dev team often has their
head so buried in code that it's easy to overlook opportunities to
engage with the community, to let them know more about all the hard work
they've been doing.

The only truly useful software is the software in our hands, but of
course with complex projects that takes time, and the long process often
has segments of the work that aren't visible to end-users.

But with an open source process, visibility is a key component to
community engagement, so a Community Manager can help keep the flow of
information moving in both directions.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World