closeStackRequest not working?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 14 16:03:05 EDT 2014

On 4/14/14, 1:45 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> So then the only time a closeStackRequest gets sent is if the user
> clicks the Close control in the window title bar. Right? Wrong,
> apparently. I have this in the card script:
>
> on closeStackRequest
>     breakpoint
>     save this stack
>     pass closeStackRequest
> end closeStackRequest
>
> When closing the window using the control in the window title bar, I
> do not even get the debugger. I just get the popup asking if I am sure,
> allowing me Don’t Save, Cancel or Save. So when*exactly* is the
> closeStackRequst sent?

It happens as you say, when the close box is clicked. But the IDE traps
the message so you may have to suspend development tools to see it. It
will work as expected in a standalone.

I seem to remember that after the IDE traps the message, it then passes
it. It may be that the debugger won't open when that happens; try a "put
something" in the message box instead to see if it gets passed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com