500 ms to set a thumbpos??

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 02:34:03 EDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:15 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> I see, so he's only calling ck once at the end.  I had thought it was part
> of a longer sequence where it was interspersed throughout.

Just the once, and it just appends after a scrolling  field in another
window and puts to the message box (it's really so that I can log/debug in
standalones)

 In that case you're quite right and the logging handler doesn't matter.
>  But that leaves the question of what those 38s are doing in there with 0
> milliseconds between them.

I put a log after every statement in the handler to see where the time was
going.

This is with 6.6.  I found that with a new stack, the time dropped
significantly.

I then found another time-hole.  Setting the disabled of a combobox takes
about 400ms, and this occurred in a brand new stack, too.

I then loaded the stacks with 5.5, and the thumbpos still took something
like 23 ms, but the disabled dropped to a couple of ms.

I knew the 6 serious was low-beta grade all along, but this is kind of
ridiculous . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462