Do statement as "Applescript" in caller ?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Apr 13 20:34:35 EDT 2014

Hi Serge,

First of all, I don't think that the in caller clause makes much of a
different if you execute AppleScript syntax. It is probably meant to
alter the executionContext when you execute LiveCode syntax. You can see
examples of the grammar used to write this clause, if you execute the
following in the message box:

put the executionContexts

If you write a reference to a handler in the form displayed in the
message box after execution above code, then you should be able to
change the executionContext during executing the do command. E.g.

put "button id 1014 of card id 1002 of stack" && quote & "C:/Program
Files (x86)/My App/My Stack.rev" & quote & comma & "moueUp,12" \
   into myContext
do "beep" in myContext // without "as"

I'm not entirely sure about this, because I can't find any
documentation. This is my best guess for now.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com