the menuBar and the EditMenus

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 08:49:54 EDT 2014

Thanks Mark

Yes, I think I see - the defaultMenuBar ensures that the app controls the Mac menu line and not the IDE or anything else.

BTW the form of these statements that set the menuBar and the defaultMenuBar seem to be strange, don't they. I mean, one writes

set the menuBar to "myGroup"

there is no scoping here - what if there are lots of groups called "myGroup" in different parts of the stack and substack structure? It appears illegal to specify where the group is, I mean AFAIK you can't write

set the menuBar to grp "myGroup" of card 1 of stack "myLibraryOfGroups"

it isn't really like the rest of the LC language, is it?

Graham