[OT] Xojo

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:06:22 EDT 2014

On 10/04/14 20:58, Sri wrote:
> Lynn Fredricks-2 wrote
>> It comes from a very different mind set than LiveCode, and provides
>> an excellent multi-platform, modern replacement for Visual Basic. LiveCode
>> and Xojo both create multi-platform applications, but that's where the
>> similarity ends. Conceptualizing applications is 100% different. The sort
>> of
>> issues that arise during development are 100% different. The goals of
>> either...you get the idea.
> To help people who may considering both products, would you care to spill
> some more ink on HOW they are different? Thank you for your time,
>
> Sri.

I think, Sri, you may be expecting a bit much of Lynn, who is a busy man

[been there, made that mistake; the one about the name].

Surely, the thing to do is to download the free version of Xojo and the
free version of
Livecode and run them side by side for a bit. I have downloaded both,
and am planning
["all the best laid plans of mice and men . . "] to set aside 3-4 hours
to play around with Xojo
and see how it compares with Livecode.

To be honest, I have little or no intention of swapping from Livecode to
Xojo, having invested
about 24 hours a week for the last 14 years fooling around with
Livecode: but I do have a
feeling a spot of messing around with Xojo might reinform me of
Livecode's strengths, its
weaknesses, and suggest a few ideas for Livecode's improvement.

Richmond.