[OT] Xojo

Sri sritcp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 12:08:51 EDT 2014

Richard Gaskin wrote
> ....... in practical terms the difference in proprietary licensing affects
> only a
> relatively small subset of users......

I don't know.
People who want to develop iPad and iPhone educational apps, but cannot
really recoup $500 a year ..., must constitute a significant population, I
think.

I invested some time learning LiveCode but have put it in cold storage for
almost a year now, for this reason. Nearly 100% my target segment is iPad
users. I could elaborate in some detail why this is so, but then the key
point here is if people like me are really "a small subset".

I truly think if LiveCode comes up with a different licensing schedule, one
that allows, for a much smaller fee, people to develop commercial iOS app of
some restricted size or lines of code (a rough yardstick of project
complexity), they will be pleasantly surprised by the response. iPad has a
disproportionate "enthusiasm market share" when it comes to edu apps.

Regards,
Sri.